Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > will maxisys be covering MG / ROVER?
will maxisys be covering MG / ROVER?

4705 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2015-05-01 06:01:59

•   Level 5   
    (228) points
    tompidge
    2015-01-01 12:21:26
    Is there going to be an update to cover UK versions of MG / ROVER anytime soon?

•   Level 4   
    (150) points
    RayJuk

2015-01-02 04:22:08

I don't think it will happen at all to be honest due to the limited audience. Best bet if you deal with a fair few rover mg group cars is buy a used snap on maybe 2 years old for a few hundred notes.

•   Level 5   
    (228) points
    tompidge
    2015-01-02 13:22:41
    What about the "new MG" ?

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    tekber

2015-04-14 09:09:42

How can be possible dont exist rover / mg? In europe exist much of this veicles... Please add it, at least engine, abs and airbags...

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-14 12:33:32 (Reply to:tekber)

For engine you can check by EOBD. In my opinion, it's a waste of resources to put a group of engineers work in a brand that no longer exist and the cars are old. I think the last year of production was 2005. There is other brands that are more important than Rover

And beside the brands, I think it's more important in developing another options like:
    - Read Immo Pin of many brands such VAG Group, Renault, PSA, etc
    - Programming and coding keys and cards
    - Disabling of DPF
    - ECU reset
    Etc.

Is this kind of functions that make the workshops make money and increase some value to them. Is not add ROVER!!!

•   Level 5   
    (272) points
    shazoo

2015-04-15 02:06:50 (Reply to:Pedro)

I do not want this ROVER app in my maxi as I have no car exist in my country,I surely
    focused on german brand only

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-04-15 15:49:15 (Reply to:Pedro)

i agree with Pedro 

And beside the brands, I think it's more important in developing another options like:
    - Read Immo Pin of many brands such VAG Group, Renault, PSA, etc
    - Programming and coding keys and cards
    - Disabling of DPF
    - ECU reset

autel sales would rocket

much more use i haven't worked on a rover for a few years now (thank god there nearly all in the scrapheap) but the rover 75 is BMW so you can go in that way.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-04-16 11:07:54 (Reply to:Pedro)

You are so right. There are still major updates to be done in exactly these areas for the wide spread brands.

MG and ROVER are not that much around anymore indeed, even though we still have a few 'dealers' which now are more 'novalty shops' I guess :) Most MG's on the road are the classics and you won't need an Autel if you are working on those. Same for a lot of the Rovers still out there, a computer is less needed then common sense. Tools and (unfortunately) a welding machine are better suited to keep these things going :)

If however it would be easy to add them, Autel could put a few hours into it as a service to those whom still support the users of these cars (they still DO exist, that is for sure).

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-17 03:59:47 (Reply to:Matronix)

Yes, I agree, if it doesn't take to long to Autel. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-19 19:33:12 (Reply to:Matronix)

A welding machine Ba Ha Ha.   Move Over Rover, Let Jimmy's Harbor Freight Welder Take Over :-)
  Total2 Pages